Thread: No poop, help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #27
dwerten
BANNED!

yeah those numbers were not bad at all wish they would not have pressured you to do that

Was she having any symptoms?

Just curious how much was it for liver biopsy?

See the reason is why i do not like this is the incision is much larger, much more stressful on dog and now once you get the results either way what is going to change in treatment? Probably nothing and if they biopsied and area where it was not present the results are inconclusive anyway

I just think the blood work is sufficient to how to treat the dog and this really does not do anything to help the dog and i believe the less stress on the dog the better

Now shunt wise if having symptoms and over 100 then you need to determine if shunt as then you will do surgery and correct the shunt so the dog has no symptoms and quality of life as there is a corrective treatment for it but mvd there is not corrective treatment with a liver biopsy it is the same treatment you would do not having done it - just my honest opinion

it is the same I feel with people who rush in to surgery for acl tears, luxating patella, and acl ruptures they scare the people into thinking they are going to have arthritis if they do not have this surgery YET the dog will have scar tissue and still get arthritis with surgery and those are rough surgeries and i have seen many dogs lift the legs even after surgery I just get bummed when dogs are pressured into surgeries that are not going to give you answers to treat differently than if no surgery.

I know we want a definite diagnosis but we should only do it if it is going to help the dog

I am only stating this for others contemplating the liver biopsy as i know at this point it is done with your baby
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!