Thread: No poop, help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Please don't give baby food, it use to be ok, but many manufactures have started adding onions to improve the test. Onions are ok for human babies, but can be deadly to dogs. If she's not eating a lot, she may not have enough in her intestines to poop. Many people recommend adding 1 tsp of pumpkin for either diarrhea or constipation. It has lots of fiber, and is good for intestines. Use regular canned pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie filling, it has too much sugar and other things. You don't need to give the whole can, it's a good idea to freeze the rest; it will grow moldy if left in refrigerator a couple of weeks. I know this through personal experience.

Hope Chloe recovers soon, why the liver biopsy, do they suspect Liver shunt?
Liver biopsy will not determine liver shunt only scintigraphy is the accurate way to determine liver shunt as ultrasound is not really even accurate and personally a waste of money unless the person is REALLY good at finding shunts as they are so tiny to find in a small dog the person would have to do it all the time in looking for shunts to find it and know what to look for.

wanted to add when demi went under for dental and was on pain meds it was 3 days before she pooped and i was nervous so i started adding pumpkin and walked her every hour around the block so it does take time and she was eating pretty normal so if yours is eating less then i would think it would take longer

also i agree with the baby foods as onion causes anemia in dogs and your dog just had surgery so you need to be very careful
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!