Thread: No poop, help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #23
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Oh good, I would think the banana and sweet potato would have lots of fiber, unless they took all that out, and made it a soup. I imagine she's feeling bad because of the incision, and when that feels better, she'll eat and poop. The good news is that the liver looked good, I don't know anything about Liver Shunt, but I'm glad the liver looked good, maybe someone else can tell you WHY it's important to do the biopsy.
Honestly the more i think on this liver biopsy stuff the more i am against it as all they are going to tell you is YEP the dog has mvd when the bile acids already tell you that when below 100 so honestly would not advise a biopsy anymore as you are not going to change the plan of action even if it is mvd from biopsy - if bats are high and less than 100 no symptoms then feed 22% protein with symptoms feed 18% protein and over 100 and symptoms right to scintigraphy to see if a shunt as even the protein c test is not accurate is what i have found.

I just think doing the biopsy does not change the plan of action at all so why put them through it and i have read if they biopsy one part of the liver vs another the outcome can be different anyway so you really are not getting concrete information anyway.

My dog has mvd she has tested post 73, 54 and 26 and luckily she was tested at 3 years old after her spay so i am glad as i did not have to make that decision but i just am not feeling comfortable with it the more i read on it
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!