View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesmartcookie View Post
Wow all I can say is wow- I have never heard anyone take this particular stance or reasoning to this extreme. A pack is not defined with the words "bed meant for a human is a must" in it. I think you are taking the definition of pack too far. I have seen dogs sleep anywhere including alone day or night not concerned at all about their pack. Dogs sleep where they are trained/allowed to sleep. To insinuate that people who do not sleep with their dogs are doing the worst thing they could possibly do to them is well--wrong.
Relax, no insinuation here. Just my peaceful opinion. I've read alot about dog pack nature is all. I love Tamar Gellers book, The Loved Dog especially.

It just doesn't fit with pack nature to separate a dog at night if the dog seems to be fearful of separating and actually calling it fear or anxiety makes no sense since it is their nature to want to stay close. Some are great on their own too but it is ok and natural and "dog like" in a dog pack way, to want to be close to the pack.

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!