Thread: No poop, help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #19
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, we have had a success, it was small but still a success, lol

It has been crazy here (weather & schedule) but I am going to get pumpkin tmrw just to help everything move smoother for the next few days... she is eating and drinking much better though.

She was being babysat while I was out today and when I came home she was very alert and awake... I realized she was two hours late on her pain meds... I gave them to her and now she is back to how she was before, so I am thinking her mood/energy level is due to the pain meds. I dont want to take her off of them in case she is in pain, so maybe when they are done she will get back to herself.
Yeah, the pain meds will effect her mood/energy, and she'll probably sleep a lot. They also can effect digestion too. You could start to wean her a little off the pills and see how she acts when you wait an hour or 2 longer. Doctors usually give more pain pills than you need, it's not always necessary to take them all, or some people will spread them out more during the day, and only give them at night.

Join today and remove this ad!