Thread: Orasone???
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
sferrini
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil fu fu girl View Post

Food allergies cause the epidermal symptoms such as Urticaria, rash, itching, inflammation, etc. Orasone is a very effective steroid used in these cases to treat these symptoms. It does not treat the allergen, whether food or environmental, but only the symptoms caused by it. The symptoms break through when the patient's system becomes adapted to the dosage given.

sferrini wrote:"She has also had injections of steroids that only worked for a week. "

This is why the injections of steroids worked, if only for a week. The strength of these dosages are usually higher than the prescription tablets given to you by the vet. Also, injections are immediate in that they are transmitted directly into the vascular system, and do not go through the entire GI tract first.

I would contact the vet and ask for another shot, and maybe you might want to think about having him give her a blood test that tests for antigen-induced antibodies in her blood. There are two that are usually done ; a RAST , (radioallergosorbent) or an ELISA,( enzyme-linked immunosborben assay).

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure why I would ask for another injection when the pills she is taking are working better than the injection did.

She had a complete blood test and chemistry panel and everything came back fine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!