View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda350 View Post
Well I have a question and then an opinion. My question is, if CKC will register with a pic only, then how come they required me to send a copy of Kallie's AKC papers to them before they would let me register her with them? I talked to 2 different people on 2 different occasions before I sent the papers in..Does anybody know? I didn't ask them why, just what did I need to do to register her. Now to my opinion, everyone says that AKC means a good quality purebred dog.. Now take one look at my love bug Stewie.. He is AKC registered and is the best dog ever, but does anyone look at his appearance and think purebred or good quality???? Absolutely not.. So to me, he is all the verification I need that AKC does not mean much!! Plus when I called them to report horrible conditions at a BYB, they said "We don't have anybody in that area to deal with it, sorry"
I agree there are good and bad breeders in AKC......Just because you register your dogs AKC, doesn't make you a great breeder. It's up to the person that is looking for a puppy to do their research before purchasing their pups. However, AKC is the preferred registery.......Your reputable breeders will only register AKC or CKC (Canadian Kennel Club).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!