View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
normarae63
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinebabco View Post
I thought this subject would get a lot of opinions. i thought long and hard about just this before I purchased a puppy. I am 63 and single with no family I would entrust my babies to. I made sure the breeder would take the puppy back should something happen to me and it was what put my mind at ease about getting another pup. My mom and I live together and she is home with my furkids all day and does just fine with them at age 96. She is more active than I am and still drives to her job as a volunteer for a battered women. I have longevity on my side but would never even think about a dog without considering a long term plan for my babies. I am sure the woman would be more than happy to discuss her future plans should something happen to her. If she has lived to 80 as a happy, healthy, woman I am sure she is smart enough to know she isn't going to live forever and she wants her future dog taken care of, even after her death.
Your a great breeder to think about this and ponder with your decision. Fortunately I have made eternal plans for all of my dogs and anyone and everyone in my life knows of my plans.
Great post!
I'm one of those folks who really believe that death is just 1 small part in the cycle of life. I'm only 46 but if something were to happen to me, my daughter would become Tuffys momma.

I think it's wonderful that so much thought goes into sending a pup off to its forever homes by thoughtful breeders, bravo to you!

Visit my SHOP: SherrysPetStuff or on Etsy. Fun on Facebook
normarae63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!