View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

She seems to me to be a almost perfect yorkie owner, and I've even thought of this when I was buying a dog, my family genetics aren't that great and no one lived that long. I guess I would want to know if she had any family, or if there was someone who could care for the dog if she gets ill. I mean it's not just the elderly who need to think of these things. At 8 months, your dog is over much of the puppy behavior, do you think caring for a new puppy would prove to be too difficult for her? I would want to keep in touch with her, if I decided to give her a pup. Perhaps, she could even have something written in her will regarding future care of the pup. You could also have it written in your contract, that you will be the guardian if she is no longer able to care for the dog. In other words, you would have legal recourse, if you would learn that she had died, or was no longer able to care for the dog. I'm sure you will find many members here who would be happy to rehome the dog, should the need arise. I would be frank with her and tell her my concerns, but I wouldn't dismiss her because of her age. My 80 old mother-in-law is healthier and friskier than I am!

Last edited by Nancy1999; 02-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!