Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #238
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
Exactly! I would much rather see all of this energy and time focused on the real atrocities in the pet industry, and tail docking isn't one of them.
I tried to make that point in several of my posts regarding this but can't remember which thread it was in.....
I'm going to throw a wrench in the topic LOL....I wish more would worry about those that do not breed to standard and breed poor quality dogs just so the puppies they breed can line their pockets with cash. Or those that breed because I want just one litter so my children can experience the birthing of puppies, or my friends want a puppy out of my cute and pretty pet. Those are the dogs that suffer because ONE the breeder hasn't done their research and think it's easy and then they find out they've either lost the mother and or the puppies and can't understand why this is happening....This is what needs more attention and focus than whether or not docking should or should not be allowed. If it's been allowed within the parent clubs and have been done for many years and it hasn't been proven to hurt the breed health wise then it's not harming the breed. So much more to be passionate about than docking JMHO!!!!

Donna Bird
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!