Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #226
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
hmmm.. I dont do my own vax's my vet does.. two of my dogs cry out and flinch when being vaxed every single time. I had the choice to have my yorkie poodle mix tail docked or not, as I got him from friends and picked him out hours after he was born. The friend,took the pups at 3 days old, had the dew claws and tails done and said they never even cried out. SO I guess it just depends on the vets and the pain tolerance in dogs. Just like children/people. My oldest who is 12, hates shot and will react every time. My other 3 kids even as babies sat still and never cried for shots or blood draws and slept through ear piercings.
Both my toy poodle and yorkie mix have nubs that wag just like my 2 dogs with tails, lack of comminucation.. i think not..
Bottom line, if you want to follow the standard then the docked tail in yorkies is nessacary,(sp?) if you only want a pet then look for a breeder that will give you a choice or choose a dog breed that has a full tail, like the biewer..
I think what I posted should have been a bit more clear and maybe a bit exaggerated, in making the comparison......My pups don't really scream when I innoculate, but every once in a while I have one that wimpers (I'm an x-nurse, so I've learned how to give painless innoculations).

I agree if one wants a yorkie with a full tail, you just have to find a breeder that will offer you that choice. However, since most breeder's have tails docked between 3 and 5 days, you may have to get on a breeder's waiting list and make your request prior to a litter being born.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!