Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #159
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
For the sake of argument though, lets compare it to the piecing of baby girls ears, now this is done purely for the cosmetic reasons. It is painful, and the baby has no say-so in the procedure. While I've heard of puppies continuing to nurse through the procedure of cropping, I'm sure the pain involved with ear piecing is more intense. Now some of you probably think we should outlaw this as well, it's causing the girls pain, but is it really "cruel". I think that's where the argument lies, is this procedure "cruel" or merely painful. It's over quickly, although with baby girls they have to do it twice, however, I'm not sure you could call it cruel. Although, I would not inflict this pain on my baby girl, I do not believe I have the right to make laws to prevent others from doing it, if I thought it were indeed cruel, than I would be ok with making the law, but I really feel strongly about not making a law for everything we think is "wrong."
I don't really agree with piercing young girls ears either until they have a say in it. A lot of little girls want pierced ears. My little cousin was 3 years old when she voiced wanting it done, so they let her. She was in pain but she at least had a say in what was being done to her.

I don't think taildocking or ear piercing a young baby is cruel. I just think it's pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post

I'm not a canine, but, I can only answer based on my experience. Do they whimper, yes, for a matter of seconds, not even a minute. So, in my opinion the discomfort I would liken to that of giving an injection. And I say this because mine scream louder when I give them their vaccinations.
But vaccinations in children and canines alike are necessary (at least most people would agree! Over-vaccination is something that's happening but of course, that's a seperate issue). But a pup getting an injection to protect it from diseases different from docking a tail in my opinion because it's not needed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!