View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Question Skinny versus "filled out"

My Fletcher is about 9lbs, he is long and lean... Ive never seen a dog's body change like his does so rapidly.
He went to get neutered Jan 15th. He was soooooo skinny I thought for sure they were going to say something to me. I could feel every rib and every bump of his spine. Thing is he EATS! I mean he eats a good amount. I free feed my dogs so they always have access to food. I feed him Taste of the Wild so it's a good food. My other boy is a nice weight for his size. I was kind of nervous that the vet would think that my dog was too skinny and wonder what kind of mommy I was.

Well here it is Feb 2 and this dog is ROUND! LOL I don't know if this has to do with the neuter but he has filled out everywhere, he even has a belly! He's by NO means overweight, but he has probably put on a good pound in 2.5weeks!! That's a lot on a 9lb dog! He has always been up and down on his weight, so in 2 weeks he could be all skin and bones again. He is healthy by the way, no signs of illness whatsoever and he is 4 years old and has always fluctuated a lot (IMO - but maybe its normal) weight wise.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!