View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaa1005 View Post
Last night Isla took a turn for the worse. She was up every two hours and since she sleeps on a bench at the foot of my bed, she would jump on our bed, yip, then jump off darting towards our bathroom. Poor thing probably knew she wouldnt make it outside and went towards a tile floor. Every two hours we went through this and her diarrhea got worse. She stopped drinking water during the night but maybe thats not abnormal since she wouldnt typically drink at night anyway. We went to the vet first thing and they said she seemed ok but it was likely a parasite. They are doing fecal testing today and we should know by tomorrow.

The vet said that her food could be causing it too and gave me suggestions on what may work better. Isla was prescribed medications and the vet also gave us canned bland food with vitamins that will settle her stomach better than rice and chicken. So, the vet told me that Isla will be just fine and I am staying home with her today to make sure she drinks water. Thanks for all your help everybody!
glad you took her in due to age i suspected it was not a normal stomach upset as pups can get coccidia, giardia, etc - glad she is ok - what did they give you albon, panacur or metronidazole? make sure to give 1/2 meal antibiotic then 1/2 meal - do not give antibiotics on empty stomach as it can upset their stomach. Is the food hill's I/D?

what food were you feeding?

glad she is feeling a little better and let us know what fecal comes back with
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!