View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Uni does both. We trained inside first. She is kind of a special case, b/c when we got her, we had our house, our shop, then bf's mom's house on the weekends. So i thought it would be confusing for her, but somehow she got it. She was trained to go on the pads in the bathrooms. she had a pad/box in each of the bathrooms. when we got home, she would pee downstairs, then race upstairs to go poop. At the shop she has one box, and at bf's mom's she has one pad down and one up stairs.

Once she got that, then everything changed! We lost the house, moved back in with MIL, and she decided she didn't want the pad in the bathroom anymore, so we moved it into the sunroom. At first she was still going in the bathroom, so we had to retrain her to do in in the new spot. Not too bad.

Now we are taking her for more walks so we use less pads. Trust me it is easier to inside train first, then take them for walks, b/c they will learn themselves that they can go anywhere they want outside. They love going outside, so they will start to hold it, just so they can go outside! but it's not impossible to train outside first then in, but I think this way is easier.

Anyway, it's so frikkin cold where you are, why would you even want to go outside?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!