View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Cerise
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry for your lost and I understand this is not an ideal reason to join YT.

I personally would consult an attorney and find out what your rights actually are in your city, and county, of Texas.

Could it be possible that their dog came through the fence and grabbed your puppy, then brought the puppy back over to his yard? Though it might be challenging to prove you still can give it a try. Your neighbor having such a heartless attitude is NOT acceptable. Are the fence repairs to be divided between both home owners? Sometimes that is the case in Texas neighborhoods. I would have it fixed and take her to court for her half, because if she's not offering to help replace your puppy, she probably won't be willing to put in her half for the repairs.

So for the puppy and the fence, we'd go to court. I understand that some people don't have money for these things and they will tell you this is foolish advice and to drop it. If this is what you feel is best and you can afford it, go for it. You can still forgive her, in time.

Last edited by Cerise; 01-27-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!