View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #61
sherrijmkassie
The Queen is back
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyJM View Post
First of all, let me just say how ashamed I feel for calling my vet clinic stupid...just my own fears. They have been nothing but nice. I just heard from them and guys....this all has been MY fault!! Livi had some calcium issues,yes, but that was because she wasn't eating well for me yesterday and had nonstop diarhhea...but was still being a wonderful mommy and nursing her babies constantly. Thus, causing the calcium problems. Here's where the problem began........a retained placenta. I feel sick...I feel guilty...I feel just awful right now! When Livi had her first baby, things were crazy for my husband and I because this our first delivery. We instantly started working with the puppy. I turned and saw the placenta and thought that it seemed small, but didn't think about it again until later. Once she had the other two puppies, I know for a fact that those two came out because I had to help with that. At the time, I even asked my husband why the first placenta was so incredibly small compared to the last two. This is because she had the majority of it inside of her....the vet was able to see this with an ultrasound. She is now on IV meds. and fluids because she was dehydrated...they are also dealing with the calcium problems. They are going to call me again this afternoon to keep me updated but they are sending her home tonight and want to see her again in the morning.

So, that's what I know.

I will be back on later to let you know whatelse I find out. Thanks again for all of your kind words and for thinking and praying for my precious Livi.

I am so happy the news sounds so positive with Livi. Tammy please dont beat yourself up over something anyone could have missed. I am clueless about breeding but am sure that could have easily happened to someone who has been doing it for years. You and Geoff had a lot going on helping Livi bring those precious babies into the world. It you both hadn't done such a great job it could have easily been a different outcome for each of the puppies. Big hugs to you, smooches to momma Livi and the puppies.

Sherri , Cinnamon & Chai. RIP Kassie. .
sherrijmkassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!