View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #33
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferrini View Post
Well, I am happy to report that all of Miracle's bloodwork came back normal. YAY!1 still waiting on the thyroid test, even though I live in Michigan it still takes a while.

I moved her appointment with the dermotologist to the 8th of Feb. After speaking with them and reading the posts on here, I called her vet this morning he only gave her antibiotics for 10 days, she had a staph infection they as you all did here recommend going for 25 to 30 days so I am waiting to hear back from him, because I believe that can cause the itching also.

I don't believe she likes the fish oil and not even sure if its working since I have been giving it to her for almost a month now and her skin is still dry and flaky. I am going to do an oatmeal bath over the weekend.
do not do oatmeal it will dry her out more get a hypoallergenic shampoo by earthbath or blue at petco - oatmeal is a grain as well so if allergy related

honestly if staph go to vet and get duoxo chlorhexedine shampoo as chlorhexedine kills bacteria as they use it on dentals as well as i used it this last weekend on my staph girl who reacts to every vet shampoo and no red bumps no reaction and the vets are raving about this shampoo - if your vet does not have it call around - i called mfg and they were very nice and explained to me and I finally tried it and it worked pretty good.

yeah no way would 10 days on antibiotics work for skin issues - for skin issues you have to be antibiotics for 25 days minimum as what happens is when you stop it comes back with a vengeance even worse as my girl got hives on simplicef on day 17 and she did not have staph that bad well it came back 10xs worse because we stopped the antibiotic early. Also make sure to do probiotics 2 hrs after antibiotics and i always double up probiotics while taking antibiotics so dd is on a double dose now and has been and will be until a week after antibiotics then i will go back to normal dose
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!