View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 07:40 PM   #17
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Hi Raiza!
16 weeks!! That's the age Toto was when we brought her home ... I envy you this age! Not that we haven't loved every second with Toto, but it was so much fun to watch her little personality develop and she is such a joy!! She is 13 months now and weighs 4 lbs. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with the bag. Toto's bag isn't one of those "designer" bags specifically made for dogs. It's just a bag I picked up at Lambert Airport in St. Louis. [there's a pic of Toto in her bag at her first restaurant in one of her albums in the gallery] I put her in it one day with her favorite fleece blankie and she loved it in there! I put a folded towel in the bottom where she could sit up high enough to peek out ... I have tried her in other bags but she loves that one ... don't know what I will do when it wears out!! She just stays in there and will pull her head in and hide when she is scared, if she gets cold, when she just wants to nap or when she is just plain tired of people "admiring" her!
The topknot ... it took several months for Toto to grow hair long enough on top to put the topknot up ... if I recall correctly it was at about 5-6 months old. I started brushing her regularly when she was about 4-5 months ... I probably should have started earlier because it took her a few weeks to start to really like it ... now when she sees me getting her grooming bag she gets in my lap ... she will even lay on her back for me to brush her stomach and legs! It's all because of the patience and perseverance! Just enjoy this age ... it passes all too quickly!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!