Thread: Party Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
yorkiegirl2
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharly4 View Post
I just met a breeder the other day that said Parti Yorkies were "NEVER" registered by AKC. B/c I told her I was thinking of buying one. She said if you fo it won't be registered. I told her "YES" it will! And then we kind of argued that. I told her of all the people on here and that quite a few of you have them and they are registered AKC and she said they must have just started registering them b/c she had a friend that was breeding for many years and could never register hers. I said well maybe they were biewer's. She said no. As far as I know and to my understanding they have always been registered. Am I right? It's just they can't be shown in the AKC. And there's a lot more process to get them registered; like sending in pictures and stuff. It's not like traditional you mark the papers send in the money and you get the AKC paper in the mail.
No they have not always been registered.
Parti's born prior to being registered were registered as blue/ gold.
Others were given away or killed at birth.
Studies were done in 1999 for 18 months where AKC conduct DNA studies of 42 littler sires and dams..Born at Nikko’s kennel.

After 18 months the DNA studies was completed to the satisfaction of AKC
AKC stating that after a study of the Yorkshire History and the DNA of the dogs involved in the study they were satisfied that the color can be produced in otherwise normal litters of Yorkshire Terriers
The dogs were allowed to be registered as Parti color with a color code 014.
Today when you register a Parti colored dog, you do have to send in 4 pictures and use the color code of 014.

No they can't be shown through AKC but they can be shown through other clubs.

Last edited by yorkiegirl2; 01-17-2010 at 09:58 AM.
yorkiegirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!