Thread: Party Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharly4 View Post
I just met a breeder the other day that said Parti Yorkies were "NEVER" registered by AKC. B/c I told her I was thinking of buying one. She said if you fo it won't be registered. I told her "YES" it will! And then we kind of argued that. I told her of all the people on here and that quite a few of you have them and they are registered AKC and she said they must have just started registering them b/c she had a friend that was breeding for many years and could never register hers. I said well maybe they were biewer's. She said no. As far as I know and to my understanding they have always been registered. Am I right? It's just they can't be shown in the AKC. And there's a lot more process to get them registered; like sending in pictures and stuff. It's not like traditional you mark the papers send in the money and you get the AKC paper in the mail.
They have not always been allowed, Crownridge had to have 42 littterts and their parents dna'd before the AKC was satisfied that they were purebred yorkies.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!