Thread: Party Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhen View Post
Hello, my name is Barb, and I'm new to YT. We have 3 adult Yorkies, 3 babies that are 8 weeks old, and one female that is 16 weeks old. Just love the little puppies running around. Does everyone else do the "shuffle" walk -- you know shuffle your feet so you don't step on the little ones?
I've been wanting a Biewer Yorkie, but seems like they are waaaay out of our budget range. Do the Party Yorkies always run just as high? Like from $1000.00 and up for full registration? A breeder told me that Party Yorkies aren't true Yorkies, is this true? Are they AKC registered or not? They are so pretty!
Barb
Parti yorkies are yorkies that just have white on them. They are not a separate breed, they are Yorkshire Terriers. If their parents were AKC registered then they can be registered with AKC. Currently, parti's are disqualified from being shown in AKC shows because the white on them is considered a fault, the same as black yorkie or a very light colored yorkie or a chocolate yorkie. The yorkie standard states that a little white on the chest, no larger than 1 in size, is permissible in the show ring. Just like with traditionally colored yorkies, there are good breeders and breeders. I have seen some partis that are beautiful and some that not.

A yorkie can be what is considered a carrier, that is a traditionally marked yorkie that was produced from parti lines. A carrier, bred back to a parti or another carrier can produce parti pups.

And yes, parti pups are much more expensive than a Biewer, which is considered a separate breed but not recognized by AKC .

Yes, I have have been doing the yorkie shuffle walk for years. I have a herd of yorkies following me everywhere. I can't go anywhere in a hurry in this house.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!