View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
normarae63
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Don't waste the money on the upgrades

Hi...my DH & I drive semi truck across the US. 3 years ago I bought the cheapie Garmin c330 on black friday for maybe 75.00. We used it for about a month without too many issues. Keep in mind, semis have restricted routes etc so it's real important we have an idea where we're at. We always use our atlas to verify any routes chosen by the Garmin. Well, I'd heard that you get a free update so I contacted them. Turns out they wanted you to purchase the "updated maps". I was livid...I'd just bought it! So, I rant & rave in an email to them (see the nic! LOL) & they finally agree to send me the update. We installed it...guess what? NO DIFFERENCE!

There ARE things you can add to your GPSs' though. They're called "points of interest" & contain things that interest you. For instance we found 1 that contained Cat Scales which we often need to weigh loads to insure they're not overweight. I like wineries...guess you know there's wineries listed as points of interest. You'll need the cable but ours came with it.
OK, long enough, I think you will find it helpful!

Visit my SHOP: SherrysPetStuff or on Etsy. Fun on Facebook

Last edited by normarae63; 01-16-2010 at 03:45 PM.
normarae63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!