View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolafancy Zoe View Post
Thank you for the information in the IBD and for your concerns on Zoe, I really appreciate it. She had lost weight (almost a pound) during the period of about 2-4 months ago for no reason (she was checked for worms and nothing came up). She is slowly gaining the weight back but her ribs and hip bones are very easily felt. She was always pretty thin up until she hit 2 years old and then she filled out, gained some weight and was a solid 6 lbs (sometimes 6.2 lol).
We had moved about 4 months ago and there was a lot of people in and out of the house so we thought maybe stress but there was no signs of depression, or anything, her appetite was fine, her energy level normal but she still lost the weight.
We had questioned the vets on the weight loss and they said with her being normal (blood work, appetite and everything) that there was no real reason for concern right now with the weight. More so to be concerned with the throwing up, which after the tests were complete they said that it was just an upset stomach.
So right now we don't know what to think, I do trust our vet but I just can't believe that she gets a hold of stuff all of time that will make her nauseous like this, we keep all bad stuff out of reach, and food has never been a problem with her, no upset stomach, diarrhea, vomit, nothing.
She will go for a few days or a week and then she will vomit again or get really nauseous. She has actually gone through this today and last Tuesday.
Again I really appreciate everyone's comments.
this was happening to my ibd dog and it was from potato based diets so grain diets are better for ibd dogs in my opinion maybe try newmans own organic as my ibd dog will sometimes eat my maltese poop and she is on that diet and he has no issues now he gets a hold of anything else a vomit attack - I would give it a shot it is a good food but high in grains get the low fat one though

My boy is on purina ha a hydrolized soy diet so if the above does not work you may want to try that as it is not good to have that cycle going on

since you mentioned the move here is another thought that is similar to ibd and it is stress colitis check this out

Colitis in Dogs

this is hard to get rid of so if a stressful situation occurs then it spins them out of control

i STRONGLY recommend doing probiotics with a dog like yours as it will coat the digestive tract and it totally works i stopped them in my allergy dog and she was a mess afterwards and she had colitis and diarhea issues so the ones i use are below and i do 2 capsules every morning 20-30 before food it will stop the diarhea for sure and it is much safer than antibiotics it is like humans eating yogurt but it is non-dairy - she should lick right off plate but if she doesn't then mix a little organic pumpkin with it from whole foods it is canned

Dds-Plus Capsules by U.A.S.Laboratories - UA-1010 - at The Vitamin Shoppe
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!