View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
cajungal
YT Addict

Default Question for breeders

The popularity of yorkies is overwelming now. It seems like everyone wants a yorkie now. It is the most popular breed of toy dogs. So, the waiting list is long everywhere you go. So, how do you choose who gets the puppy? Whoever shows up first and gives you money first? Or do you make sure it is going to be going to a really good home? Let me explain why I am asking. We found out this man who lives in the next town over to us, his yorkie is due Nov 22nd. And he is selling the puppies for only $500. So, my mom and I are really excited and want to possibly get a puppy from him more than anything. The only thing is that by the time we found out about the man, there are plenty of people already on the list. And we are towards the bottom. So, with only 3 or 4 puppies being produced. Our chances are slim to none, right? My mom is willing to drive to his home as soon as the puppies are born. Maybe if we give him a deposit, he will hold our puppy until it is old enough to go home. I am so worried that with so many people being on the list and so few puppies, that we don't stand a chance. My mom told him how we owned a yorkie for 13 years and how she died this June. We are not trying to make him feel sorry for us. But, he will know that we do have experience with raising a yorkie and can provide a really good home. He can even check our home if he likes and we can give him vet references. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get one of his puppies. The parents are small. Only about 3 and half pounds. So, I know there won't be many in the litter.
cajungal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!