View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

I know what you mean, I was vegetarian for 15 yrs, and the thought of raw was not appealing to me either until I just went for it. If the raw you chose was stinky, then it may have not been a fresh piece or may have been from an off company. Raw actually has no smell what so ever, it actually smells like nothing, as I sniffed it the 1st time (lol) expecting it to stink. Just FYI.

If he is eating 1/4 cup 2x a day, I would think that's a pretty good amount. I'm assuming he eats then about 1/2 cup a day? That's not too less. Adult dogs actually tend to eat less as they mature and if your pup is 2, then I don't see a problem. You could always try mixing in the wet food as well if you wish for him to eat more.

I totally understand about them getting "tired" of their food. I think that is why many on here choose a food which multiple varieties. Out of the companies you mentioned, the only one I would go with is Merrick. Did your pup eat well on Merrick? If so, try it again as they have MANY varieties of kibble in case he decides to get bored often. They also sell smaller 1lb bags as well which is nice for these picky guys.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Smiles!!
Snick & Viv
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!