View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
mollysmom88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Litter Box Training?

I have been curious about litter box training for dogs for a while. Does anyone here on YT use this method? If so how do you go about training dogs to use a litter box when they have been trained to puppy pads in past?

Toby has always used puppy pads in between going outside. He is not completely consistent with this and tends to get lazy... Toby is crate trained and fantastic with a crate and never cries and will go right out to potty but if not attended constantly he will potty somewhere in the house before its over. It is never just random he will do it on something he thinks is a puppy pad. I know my fault for confusing him by letting him have puppy pads for in between .

Molly knows nothing when it comes to where she should potty. She is scared to death to be in a crate (ex breeding dog I am told... I am guessing they locked her in one a lot?) Anyway I have tried everything to get her to find the crate as safe but she does not want anything to do with it. She will actually pee in the crate if you leave her in it for even a 5 min span. I do not want to cause her to stress so I am looking for other methods. She does not understand the pad. She will sometimes go outside and sometimes not.

Ok so that is a general overview of whats going on... any tips??? Please??? Lol. For the above reasons I wonder if a litter box would work out best for them as a only option for them to potty in instead of having outside + pads.

My collie is older and 110% house trained. Man I wish little dogs were as easy as the big babies to house train... maybe it is just me?

Thanks guys!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!