View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
randiik
Senior Yorkie Talker

hi everyone! roriee and i are doing ok.. roriee still wears her neck brace at all times and she has gained some weight and is happy and moving around again on all 4 legs!!!!
she seems to not have any pain but she does still act sensitive around her mouth area but otherwise she bosses me around like the slave to her every whim i am
i have sweaters on her to keep her warm and i have been trying to make sure she gets a bit of exercise since i am a bit worried that she is gaining too much weight. she has porked out a bit LOL she really likes that hepatic ls mixed with pedisure. her surgery will be in the future but right now she is doing well and i do not want to rock the boat.
all the puppies that have the AAI are different and i am not familar enough to advise anyone on what to do. i just know that i am living with it everyday with my baby and praying i am doing right by her. loving her, nursing her and being very aware of any changes in her condition is all i can do right now. i do not let her bend her neck down to even drink water. i hold the bowl for her and i also hand feed her every kibble.

i hope everyone has a great new year. i have joined the atlanta yorkie meetup group and will meet other people here in town with yorkies soon. i know that roriee and i will really enjoy meeting other people with their babies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!