View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
dwerten
BANNED!

also EVERYONE please do this before giving the dog a drug call the manufacturer and ask for instructions as i do this before giving any drug as a vet tried to give me a higher dose of atopica 25mg when i knew there was 10mg and that was the dose for my dog - i refused the med and went to dermatologist who confirmed that was too high of a dose for my dog. I called mfg as well who confirmed too high for my dog so sadly I trust pharmacists for humans and mfg more than vets when dealing with a drug. Human pharmacists know alot about drugs and many human drugs are used for dogs. For ex i was told a dog could not get hives after being on an antibiotic for 17 days yet my dog did on simplicef and when talking to a pharmacist they said absolutely that is an accumulated reaction as it increases in the body the body reacts which is different that immediate reaction which is facial swelling and throat swelling which is anaphalactic shock reaction two different reactions as vet thought i was nuts for thinking the antibiotic triggered hives in my dog and i knew it had to be it and hives are not fun as they take 5-7 days to get rid of them in an allergy dog.

so very important educate yourself and call the manufacturer for correct doseage and what side effects are reported I have learned the hard way
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!