View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #24
blancla
YT 1000 Club Member

First of all, I hope that you are able to make a decision either way as soon as possible for the safety of the mom and possible litter. I would like to tell you the story of the litter that I just had this year. It was a planned breeding and everything seemed to be going as normal. Please read it and know that I am sincere. I hope that you don't have to go through any of this if you decide to carry through with the pregnancy (if she is pregnant).

Ellie had her babies on 11/14/09. Everything seemed to be going well. I was giving calcium and everything that I was suppose to be doing. Well, Ellie developed eclampsia. I found her stiff as a board and unable to walk. I rushed her to the ER vet where they were able to bring her out of it with calcium drip IV's. After that she could no longer nurse her litter. My husband and I had to hand feed the litter. It was terrible because we didn't get much sleep. Ellie had a hard time drying up. She finally did and the babies can eat now on their own, but it's something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Are you prepared to possibly hand raise a litter if something happens to mom? Are you financially able to pay for the possible ER visits?

These are just a few things to think about. I do wish you the best in what ever decision you make for your girl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!