Thread: Rectal Prolapse
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Update:

He just went poop for the first time today and was straining alot. I didn't see any signs of blood in his stool but he was having such a hard time it's painful just to watch him. His poop was soft but hard enough to pick up. It wasn't like the 3rd time he went last night where it was little watery. I think that might be why. He's not flipping out from pain though so I think it's somewhat of an improvement? In any case, I will be calling the vet tomorrow and perhaps take him in again. The ER vet mentioned that the sutures might be little too small.

I'm currently feeding him Science Diet can food mixed with alot of water. Can anyone suggest something better? I'm sort of force feeding him more water as well. I'm also giving him his meds as prescribed. I don't know how to make it easier for him to poo. -_-

And thanks for everyones support. I was bit worried that I'd be getting little bashed for keeping a puppy so young but than again, the situation didn't leave me much choice. In any case, thanks again and I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!