View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
DaisyMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayS View Post
Yeah we want to get her used to the cold, but we have taken her out there 10+ times and she hasn't gone outside, she just went 5 minutes ago inside the house. When we take her outside she will sit/stand and shiver and I feel bad for taking her outside in the cold but I know we have to get her used to it, but I just can't figure out why she won't go once she is outside.

I also have the cold weather problem where I live.....the snow is literally taller/higher than my dog!

With Daisy, the great outdoors is just too distracting for her to concentrate on going potty right now. Think of having a super sensitive nose and going outdoors in 30 degree temps while you are naked to use the restroom! More confusion than concentration, right?

Potty training is still such a new experience, even at 6 months! I have found that the potty pads let me react immediately if Daisy starts to go on the floor.....then, instead of being reprimanded, she is praised and given a treat for finishing her business on the papers. Positive and immediate reinforcement is the name of the game for her, at least until the weather improves.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!