View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehaven View Post
The golden parti color is off standard and would be disqualified if showing in an AKC conformation class but this is a breed registry and not a coat color registry. In reality, there are only a small percentage of correctly colored "steel blue and tan" yorkshire terriers, so the majority of our dogs are off colored according to the standards.

As for their cost, this color is a newer color and until there are more pups being produced that are this color, their prices will be high. Parti colored pups were once selling for 5000.00 or more (I know cause I have one, she's my best buddy and I've never bred her - she's 3 years old and 4 1/2 lbs). Parti colors are now selling for 2000 - 3500 on average with full breeding rights, with some lower and some higher priced. I've seen parti colored being sold as pets for 1000.00 or less.

So give it time, golden parti prices will come down too :-)
I agree.. I saw an ad in my local newspaper for a parti male pup, 4 pounds as an adult, registered for only 900.00. However the going rate for yorkies of any kind in my area are usually pretty low, Ive seen them as low as 250 with akc papers and as high at 1200. I believe that they will all come down in price eventually. The "designer breeds" actually run higher around here right now then the purebreds.. how odd is that???

Last edited by hugz4all4; 01-03-2010 at 10:59 AM.
hugz4all4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!