View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
Rub-a-Dub-Cub
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thumbs down Sorry for not getting back to you sooner

Hi,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Cubby is fine and dandy. Around 7pm that night, he was up, feeling better and by the next day he was back to his normal peppy self. It took 30 hours to show signs of real recovery.

I took him in to the vet that next morning and they were so, so sorry. Kept apologizing over and over. Later I saw vet at the gym and she was still apologizing. The poison vet had told me not to bring him to the vet that day as they would put him through all kinds of stuff that would be tough on him and that if I just waited he would be fine. They were right, thank goodness. I think I will take the advice of checking with them to see if any of them (there are 4 vets) are up on small dogs and consider taking him elsewhere.

I appreciate all your concerns and Rhonda, I read the thread you had posted and I guess that may be what he had, invectim (sp) poisoning...??? Thank you for pointing me to it. Wish I'd seen it before.

I will always come here from that now on before trying anything new on Cubby. We feel so fortunate that he got through it okay. As I type he is laying on my lap, my little computer buddy.

Thank you and best wishes for a happy, healthy 2010.

Jeanne ... Rub-A-Dub-Cub ... Cubby's Mom
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!