View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #6
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm1963 View Post
I love the golden party yorkies I think they are just beautiful, there are few people who have them in thier avitar, they are simply beautiful, however I personally dont care for the chocolate yorkies, and hopefully a breeder or someone more educated can come along and tell you why they should not be more expensive as it is a default and not standard for a yorkie. ( chocolate yorkies that is)
The golden parti color is off standard and would be disqualified if showing in an AKC conformation class but this is a breed registry and not a coat color registry. In reality, there are only a small percentage of correctly colored "steel blue and tan" yorkshire terriers, so the majority of our dogs are off colored according to the standards.

As for their cost, this color is a newer color and until there are more pups being produced that are this color, their prices will be high. Parti colored pups were once selling for 5000.00 or more (I know cause I have one, she's my best buddy and I've never bred her - she's 3 years old and 4 1/2 lbs). Parti colors are now selling for 2000 - 3500 on average with full breeding rights, with some lower and some higher priced. I've seen parti colored being sold as pets for 1000.00 or less.

So give it time, golden parti prices will come down too :-)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!