Thread: Rectal Prolapse
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Rectal Prolapse

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting hoping to get some moral support. I just came back from the emergency vet leaving Magnus who's only 8 weeks old. Finding he had a slight rectal prolapse, I took him to the vet right away and ended up with surgery.

He came home with me the same day and was told he should be fine till tomorrow when I bring him back for a check up. Having his dinner, he tried pooping but was still having a hard time and straining. But he did poop and it was very soft. After I gave him the prescribed meds, he pooped again but was straining even harder and was literally flipping out.

Thinking it's b/c of the surgery, I thought he would calm down a bit but than I started seeing little bit of blood dripping out and he seemed to be in so much pain that I decided to take him to the emergency vet. They said they'll keep him comfortable until the surgeon takes a look at his bum.

His initial check up showed no other issues. He was perfectly happy, energetic, and showed no signs of pain/irritation before this issue which came up on new years eve.

Please pray for him. Thanks...
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!