View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
Weneebug
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittlegirls View Post
I read the thread of Molly last night and became very upset to think a vet would turn away an animal in need of emergency care.

People need to realize our society is changing at all levels. We have families losing jobs, losing their home and living on the streets. It's affecting everyone, it doesn't matter what class you happen to fall. Our lives are changing and so will the way we live. Their's going to become a time when the family pet will be limited only to the rich. Think about it before you react and say, she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Here in California, dogs are being shipped across this country to relocate because families are turning in their pets or just letting them out on the streets. LA County are having to put dogs and cats to sleep because of lack of homes and family aren't finanically able to have one. This is a sad world.

Our own necessities are on the rise. Food, Health Care and just normal living expenses are continuing to climb. Everything is going up except income, depending where you fall.

The eye opener came last June when I had to take Punken to visit the vet because of an emergency. He has been my vet for 23 1/2 years and I love this man because he always took exceptional care of my babies.
Last June we received information about vet charge increases, just about the same time the credit cards did the same thing with interest rates.

I've always paid my vet bill in cash or check and always in full. Never credit.
Punken needed emergency surgery at the same time I received my Chemo for the month. I explain this situation to the doctor and it told me he would work with me on costs because I had high medicals I was having to pay for myself. My bill from him already was $295 plus medications.
He quoted me a total amount of $650 that would include the $295. Considering my Chemo was $44,950 for the month and I have high risk medical. Premiums plus my part of what's not covered. This doesn't include PT/CT scans or costs he could see my delima. I'm I worried.... YOU Betcha

He did the surgery on Punken and when I pick her up his wife meet me at the desk with the bill of $850 and the $295 wasn't included. I had already paid the $295. I tried to explain and she told me, sorry with the costs of everything we can't help you. I knew it wasn't the vet but her, after the almighty dollar.

Don't be surprised if costs start raising because people are starting to stop visiting their local vets because of the costs. Just like anything else.

Money talks...

One thing about it... My Little Girls will always come first, no matter what.
My children know this and are aware of my wishes.
Times are tough right now and its really a shame that people are having to give up there life long friends. I have to agree that eventually it will only be the rich that will be able to have pets. I am not in the best financial situation myself right now but love my Harley with all my heart and will do whatever it takes to keep him healthy. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of having to give him up like so many others are having to do. We definitely shouldn't judge others for their financial situation because we have no idea what others are going through. Prayers are coming your way for a full recovery and hope the new year brings you good things!
Weneebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!