View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyvixen82
Mostly cats seem to have been affected by this. But I do recall reading a story of a woman and her dog both becoming sick. Like Cookie2 stated :Phenothrin is 85% total ingredient in Hartz Advanced Care plus and it was banned long ago due to its toxicity. I have just looked at the ingredients and both cat and dog versions have the same amount of phenothrin 85.7%. I think cats might have gotten sick more often than dogs because cats groom themselves constantly. And cats can reach the back of their heads (where the product is applied) with their paws.
Your welcome Cookie2.

P.S. The dog version of the product is applied on the dogs back from the shoulderblades down to the base of the tail. I'm pretty sure my dog can reach that area. Also if you have more than 1 dog and they play around. One of them may ingest the poisen.
What about children who play with dogs treated with this poison and elderly people like my Mom who is 88 and enjoys nothing more than for Toto to sit on her lap ... she will rub her fur off if I let her! I realize that they aren't licking her but if it's that toxic wouldn't there be a danger expecially if they are allergic? I wish we could find out what could be done!!
Villette .... bring the rope!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!