View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #10
blancla
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Last year I was hand raising a litter (mom got sick when they were a week old and had to be put on mega doses of antibiotics). I had the pups on a regular mother's replacement milk for about 4 days (they weren't gaining). When I took them in for a vet check (they checked out fine). I took my novel in (one that I begin writing in for every litter, beginning with the first breeding and keep up up until the last puppy is placed). Well, my vet was reading it, checking to see if to see if something I did or didn't do contributed to my girl going down. He came across the section where I started feeding the pups......he screamed at me.....asked; Mary what is the closest thing to mother's milk. I gave him a blank stare.....he informed me that the pups should be on Goats Milk. I knew that my mentor had been using it for 45 years, but me thinking that things had evolved.

The bit of Karo added helps with constipation and blood sugar levels. Providing Benebac helps with the disgestive tract, inhibiting diarreah. There are other things that can help, if one should encounter constipation and/or diarreah.....Anyway, once I changed over to Goat's Milk, pups began gaining by leaps and bounds.
All I know is that it worked. They are all happy healthy puppies. The vet told me he hates the formulas offered but didn't approve of the goats milk. He just likes to see them get past that time and get on regular dog food, as did I because I was ready for some sleep.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!