View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancla View Post
My vet actually wanted me to use the replacement milk products that they sell. I told him okay, but went home and used the goats milk recipe that Mardelin had provided. The babies did great and not one time did they get diarehha. Then when I took them to the vet for their first check up, he explained to me how lucky I was not to have any constipation or diarehha. I explained to him, that even though he didn't like it, I used the goats milk. He just looked at me like, I can't believe it didn't hurt them. He told me all of them are very healthy and their soft spots had closed completely etc. They also told me they couldn't believe how happy they all were. They are now on soft puppy food and we are in the process of incorporating the harder dog food. They are still teething.
Last year I was hand raising a litter (mom got sick when they were a week old and had to be put on mega doses of antibiotics). I had the pups on a regular mother's replacement milk for about 4 days (they weren't gaining). When I took them in for a vet check (they checked out fine). I took my novel in (one that I begin writing in for every litter, beginning with the first breeding and keep up up until the last puppy is placed). Well, my vet was reading it, checking to see if to see if something I did or didn't do contributed to my girl going down. He came across the section where I started feeding the pups......he screamed at me.....asked; Mary what is the closest thing to mother's milk. I gave him a blank stare.....he informed me that the pups should be on Goats Milk. I knew that my mentor had been using it for 45 years, but me thinking that things had evolved.

The bit of Karo added helps with constipation and blood sugar levels. Providing Benebac helps with the disgestive tract, inhibiting diarreah. There are other things that can help, if one should encounter constipation and/or diarreah.....Anyway, once I changed over to Goat's Milk, pups began gaining by leaps and bounds.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!