View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Ittybitty Oscar
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default AAI puppy....I need some help

I have recently rescued a 2 lb, 5 month old yorkie puppy who unfortunately has AAI. He was going to be put down because his owner couldn't emotionally or financially afford treatment.

I agreed to take him and give the little guy a chance.

He has been in a neck/back brace for 4 weeks and having cold laser therapy twice a week. He seems to be doing pretty well most of the time although he will sometime tip over and doesn't have total motor control of his back legs.

He is not in pain, eats well and seems to be a happy puppy. I feel so bad for him when he stumbles but then I have to tell myself that HE doesn't feel bad for himself so I shouldn't either as long as he isn't in pain.

I want to explore the option of surgery for him, but i'm concerned about his size and his age. I would really appreciate any advice that perhaps someone with experience with this problem could give me.

I made a committment to little Oscar and I'm madly in love with him already but I want to make sure that I am doing what is right for him. To be honest, I have days when I'm not sure that I am indeed doing the right thing for him. Today is one of those days.

If anyone has the time or desire to give me advice....I would greatly appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oscar 002s.jpg (91.6 KB, 82 views)
Ittybitty Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!