View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143 View Post
I need to start supplementing Harmony and pups right away and need your help!!
I weighed the girls today and they haven't gained, in fact the smaller girl lost a little. They seem to be nursing well but I don't think they are getting anything.
I checked Harmony over and she isn't producing much milk right now. I could barely get anything out.

So I need to start supplementing puppies right away. I could buy the store bought milk supplements but I know there is a recipe out there that they do much better on. It has goat's milk in it I believe.

I also need a supplement or something to help Harmony start producing more milk. I'm picking up some cottage cheese and yogurt today for her.

If anyone could find the recipes for the supplements I would really appreciate it!! I had it saved on my computer I thought but I can't find it.
Here's your recipe.....Stay away from the store bought stuff....too many issues.......

Canned Goats Milk with equal parts of distilled water and a bit of Karo Syrup.

Start mom with the Same only add a tablespoon of Karo and one well beaten egg yolk.

Whelping Recipe......to feed mom, which may help her bring in milk

12 oz of distilled water warmed in micro wave.
add 1 envelope of unflavored geletin and disolve
add 12 oz can of evaporated milk
2 well beaten egg yolkls
2 tablespoons of Karo Syrup
2 tablespoons of Vanilla Yogurt.

Chill in fridge until set, spoon out a tablespoon at a time and feed in addition to her meals.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!