View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Kyralayloni
Yorkie Yakker

Question Ate pork had vomiting and diarrhia

Both my fur butts were sick after just a pinch of ham on top of there dog food yesterday. My ayla first puked then my phoniex, he recovered afterwards but my ayla did not she continued to puke and have diarrhia. I tried to feed her some of her chicken and rice but she didnt hold that down. My little boy did. She then quit drinking and was lethargic by 10pm. I had to finger feed her some water. I did continue to check her for dehydration by pinching her skin and checking her gums.

I decided to wait till today to call the vet. instead of taking her in to the emergancy. I was up all night with her she vomited a few more times dry heaves but I feed her some baby chicken and gerber rice mixed and she held it down. I was suprised that the vet did not take any blood work. She figured weather the test came back with pancreaitis or not she would treat it the same way so why poke her, the vet said. I guess I agreed but I am scared now she may have another epsoide. But oh my I am never giving anything that doesnt belong on there plate again. I figured since they ate chicken then the ham with out the fat would be ok boy was I wrong. Pork is bad in all forms for these little ones.

I have continued with the baby food all day for both and she is on antibiotics but not sure if that is something she should be on she was all ready getting better. But I guess time will tell. I am glad that is wasnt a pancreatitis attack but I think it was a mild one. Or maybe it was a bug they caught. She almost tonight back to her old self full of piss and vinager. lol she is my independent one. So I am just wondering if anyone out there may have any advise on this, it would be so appreciated.
Oh I also feed them innova puppy food with there rice and chicken but wont be adding this back into there diet for a few days.
Kyralayloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!