View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengle View Post
All the yorkie pics are so cute!! I appreicate the advice, my Chloe is a very hyper one! I cannot get her to wear the cute little clothes yet either, she takes them right off, guess she likes to be naked? Is this something she will grow into? it is so different having such a little dog, I had a golden retriever before and she was the polar opposite of a yorkie! I had a cute little carrying bag for her also, she chewed her way through it on a 10 minute ride to the vet, and had her head sticking out the whole she made...Oh geez, she's a lively one my chloe is! It's like having a dog with ADHD!
Did you just put her in the bag? LOL! OMG. I'm so glad you found the list. It's not just her, she's a puppy. Unless someone tells you there isn't anyway to know. She has to be trained for a bag. It's not a given. It just LOOKS like they know what to do. But she has teeth coming in. She wants to chew on
I was out bag training a pup yesterday. I strongly suggest routine for pups. I like to use the same crate in the car, even if it's hassle. Until they're used to it, it's easier. But carry the bag, pet her while she's in it to calm her etc. It's routine. She doesn't need to be loose in the bag until she is "being mannerly".
Now is a good time to introduce clothes. One new experience at a time though. You know, everything is new to to them. They're puppies. So go slow, take advantage of the cold. They don't like to be cold. So put a shirt/sweater on her after she realizes it's cold, take it off then put it on when it's been long enough for her to know it's effect. This being outdoors of course.

Also, remember that she is teething. She's REALLY getting ready to get in trouble now. Keep plenty of things for her to chew. Give them to her to keep her from getting in trouble. * At 4 months old, the incisor teeth grow in
* At 5 months old, the canine teeth grow in
* At 6 months old, the molars grow in
She will get into things. They are mischievous and she must learn her place. Now is when she is learning who is the boss. You have to make her know that it is you. She thinks the world is a dog pen set up to play for her. They really believe they're the only being. I've heard of them having ADHD, but never dumb or boring. She's the little girl you waited how long for?
They're the best dogs, really. They're such intelligent funny little regal beings. Every stage is fun.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!