Thread: Debarking?!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #65
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2 View Post
We have a Maltese who barked,barked and barked. We could NEVER enjoy a meal at the table because she barked like crazy. We tried several things recommended. Did I think for a second about debarking? I thought about and I would NEVER do it. The last thing we tried and it worked the first day.
We got a bark collar. It had static zaps not strong trust me. It zapped once. After that I took the battery out. So she stopped barking when we sat down.
She never wore the collar again and has never had an issue besides the normal barking when the doorbell rings, or a person comes in.
I actually tried the collar myself. I wanted to see exactly what it was. Its like getting touched by someone who has static electricity.
I dont know how bad the barking would actually be to debark all your dogs??
I couldnt do it and even if its under anesthesia, just the thought cutting their cords

Gen
I totally understand where everyone is coming from because I don't do it either but I do know some breeders do and their dogs are fine...and besides only one side of the vocal cord is done so the bark can be softer. I know I wouldn't do it but I dont' hold it against anyone that does that's all I'm saying...

Donna
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!