View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
brendah
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I am not a breeder or a shower. I have learned a LOT from YT. I believe the breeder/showers show b/c they want "proof" their breeding stock is within standard. They show to get those ribbons saying what they are doing in their breeding program is to the standard of the breed. Breeders should be breeding to better the breed.

Breeders show their dogs to get approval of their breeding stock. If you breed but do not show, who is to tell you you are breeding to standard? Maybe you are breeding to the public's demands such as "teacups", "baby doll faces", "cobby bodies/legs", etc.

Also, show breeders do not sell their "leftovers" for high prices, in fact I have found that byb and millers sell their pups for equal or more than what showers/exhibitors would sell their pups for. the majority of the population do not know showers/exhibitors are accessible to them.

Sorry if I don't make 100% sense, I am tired.

Here is a quote on here from a breeder that shows (keeping long enough to see if it will be "show quality"
haha now why would you think I am keeping both? lol.... maybe one... we will see how they look. I will keep both long enough to see if one will be show quality...
brendah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!