View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyChristine View Post
With kids I would definately still get the xpen we use it as our puppy safe zone for anytime they can not be directly supervised. Like when I am cooking or cleaning, no kids allowed in the xpen. This works eally well for me. Our rules are very similar to LilMissy's and they work really well. Another thing I would suggest is to put a cat bell on the harness of your puppy while it learns to watch out for feet and other dangers, this helped us to always know where Maddie was and not to squish her in doors or underfoot. a crate is good for quiet time and at night. I also put my dogs up when friends or other kids come over, not all are so good with rules and i would rather be safe than sorry.
Congradulations on your new baby! Welcome to YT
The bell thing sounds like a good idea. I was also reading about putting a bell on my front door to help teach her how to ring it when she has to go potty... has anyone heard of this working or had it work for them? Now I'm trailing off of my original subject, but thank you, I will go ahead with the xpen and make sure that she is put up when and if company/other children come by!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!