View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

Ok here goes... this is only my opinion no bashing, nothing personal to anyone

I feel like most show breeders are hobby breeders, it is their passion, most are not making a living off of the backs of their dogs, there for, it is also a hobby. All breeders, show or otherwise imo should be breeding to better the breed. If you are not trying to improve upon the yorkie then why would you be producing more?

A good breeder knows that not every dog is meant to be bred. I feel like showing conformation gives an avenue to get approval, to breed the yorkies in your line or that you have obtained. There is also the sport of it and numerous other reasons that people choose to show dogs but I think that this is a big part of it.

There are alot of puppies out there that are being churned out to fill the pet market. With no though to quality or health, then they are placed in any kind of home, agian with no though to how that home will suit the puppy. We all know this too well and are seeing the results it.

This taken into consideration, even if you have very nice dogs, if you are only breeding them to produce more puppies to sell to the pet market I just feel like this isn't a good enough reason. I have no problem with a good, ethical breeder who doesn't show, but who's focus is to improve the breed. Someone who has taken into consideratin health, attitude, and conformation. They are still a good breeder.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!