View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
drabinowitz43
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfla View Post
Mingtoy...I take exception to your comment. As should a LOT of people.

To the OP...I'm just seening this but FYI my Vet prescribed it to MY rescue on a short term basis. We can't know everything that our pups have gone through before they came to us & sometimes they need something to help them adjust to a loving home. It helped Sophie, who is now weaned off of it & takes Acepromazine when her anxiety needs to be managed. She takes 1/4 of a tablet which doesn't dope her up. Ask your Vet if he thinks it will work for your little guy. ALSO you need to get some books on how to desenitize him. One big thing is to have others take care of his day to day needs.

Bless ya for taking him into your home & be patient. Just know that it doesn't always work out.
That is what my vet recommended one-quarter tablet. That's why I started my thread. It was my vet's idea, not mine, and I wanted to hear if anyone else had experience with this medication. I am not one to push drugs at all, but I come home at lunch everyday to walk him because I am the only one who can and it is taking a toll on my work at the office. Before I had some help with dog walking from my kids and a dog walker. I guess I am not sure how far to push to let someone take over this responsiblilty sometimes. He begins to poop whereever he is standing or even if he is held, and then the growling. I am going to do some research into some behavior conditioning as well. The prozac was only for the short run. Your post was very helpful to me as now I know it is an option. Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!