View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
drabinowitz43
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
I agree with this post. Who did you adopt her from? I am concerned you have children in the house (how old?).

Many rescues that have been in abusive homes need the home of very quiet people and it can take years to get over some of the abuse.

During my rescue years I have never had anyone suggest giving a dog drugs so I question this advise big time. It is not a quality of life for her if she is stressed and frightened all the time.
I have had Nicky for three months. Let me point out, that he lives in a very calm and loving home. My children are 14 and 11 and are very gentle. We have two other Yorkies who have been with us since puppies and they are fine. We do continue trying different combinations. She gives him treats and puts the food down and takes walks with us. If she takes the leash, he starts to shake and doesn't want to walk. He sleeps snuggled with me and is very comfortable in our home. He will even sit on my daughter's lap for short periods. No one but me can lift him or take him out. I am continuing to try behavior therapy.I am not giving up on him and wasn't looking for a crutch. This poor dog obviously suffered great abuse, but he has a wonderful home.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!